Sunday, October 24, 2010

Greatness

Lying in bed this morning got me thinking, how often do we overlook the greatness that’s happening around us 24 / 7 from the usual daily grind, to the issues in the news and all the other pointless shit that distracts us from all that is that good and great.

I read a post on Facebook from someone wishing that something great would happen, stop wishing it’s around us from the people whose paths cross ours , to the times shared with them, to the “one or two” drinks shared with best friends. To me what could be greater than the mutual understanding and quiet honestly love shared between the people you care about

I’m not implying that we need to walk around ignorant of the issues around us but sitting on the beach yesterday morning after a particularly good night watching the sun rise got me thinking, it’s time to slow down and smell those proverbial roses.

Greatness is there weather we notice it or not, Stop looking and embrace it I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment