Monday, August 30, 2010

Bubbles

Well after another, um, let’s call it a messy night at the Brass Bell on Friday I thought I may as well try out some hangover remedies, needless to say none of them worked but here goes anyway…


First Trial:

Glass of water and two Ponado’s before bed, apart from making me feel like it’s time to throw up, and the wasted time trying to find a glass, the water and then the Ponado’s it was a Fail!


Not a good start , Hangover 1 Ian 0


Second Trial:

The morning after…feeling like absolute shit decided maybe it’s time to put some food in my body, obviously I could'nt face standing in front of the stove and actually cooking anything…decided to settle on some Tzatziki and rice crackers…FAIL, Note to self: Under no circumstances EVER have anything creamy while hanging!!


Score Update Hangover 2 Ian 0


Third Trial:

The good old Power Nap…Felt remotely refreshed for about half an hour after. Then the little man inside of my head thought he’d remind me he was still very much there and started a new assault on the inside of my skull


Hangover 3 Ian 0.5 (I was hanging okay, felt good to at least get half a point)


By the time the Fourth Trial rolled on I was starting to feel a tad helpless…


Fourth Trial:

Jumping in my car heading for those Big Golden Arches, All I could here in my head was the “ Da da da da daaaa… I'm loving it” After the first bite of my Mega Mac (With the severity of my self inflicted near death experience, there was no middle ground, I went for the biggest) I was'nt loving it, to be honest, with every bite I felt like I was slipping even further down the slippery slope of a full body melt down.


You know the score…


Fifth Trial:

AAAAAAAH moment strikes…Sugar, defiantly need sugar…Crème Soda, I'm not even going to bother describing the terrible-ness that hit me after the first mouthful.

Screw the score…


So after five separate attempts over the course of Saturday I realized that there is just no escaping that little bastard inside my head…Duvet, Couch, Dvd’s and suffering what a fantastic Saturday.


Note to little bastard that lives in my head, (who only seems to surface on weekends): Would you please let me know what you like to drink so we can coexist in harmony because next weekend is going to be MENTAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment